Milestones in PayPoint's history
- The Collect+ network passes 5,000 shops and it delivers its 10 millionth parcel
- PayByPhone extends its service to an 11th London borough, Haringey
- Costcutter integrates PayPoint's PPoS 'virtual' terminal into its in-store EPoS system
- City of Seattle, Canada, adopts PayByPhone
- The PayPoint retail network passes 24,000 outlets in the UK and 7,000 in Romania
- PayPoint launches its Facebook page, gaining 15,000 friends within three months
- More than a third of all independent PayPoint retailers adopt the new broadband-enabled 'Rapid' terminal
- VINCI Park and PayByPhone offer NFC technology for on-street parking at Issy-les-Moulineaux – a first in France
- PayPoint's Field Support Team reached a record 60 people, growing by 50%.
- PayByPhone launches one the world's largest Near Field Communications (NFC) payment solutions when San Francisco, CA, added NFC-enabled stickers to the city’s 30,800 parking meters to give drivers the option to pay for parking with NFC-enabled mobile phones.
- Collect+ reveals that it handled over 500,000 parcels over Christmas and New Year.
- Western Union Money Transfer became available through PayPoint in Romania.
- PayPoint becomes the first payments network to introduce contactless debit/credit card payments.
- Launch of the PayPoint-branded Christmas Club.
- Lexington (KY) and South Miami (FL) Parking Authorities introduce PayByPhone parking.
- SIM commission paid to PayPoint retailers passes £1m.
- Collect+ extended to consumers and small businesses, enabling them to send and pick up parcels at Collect+ stores within the PayPoint network.
- Ealing becomes the 7th London borough to introduce PayByPhone parking and the first to enable cash payments for parking through the PayPoint retail network.
- PayPoint wins contract with Department for Work & Pensions to pay out welfare payments through its retail network.
- Unicredit Consumer Financing signs up with PayPoint, becoming the company's 35th client in Romania.
- Expansion into France and North America with the acquisition of PayByPhone, a leading international provider of services to parking authorities, allowing consumers to use their mobile phones to pay for their parking by credit or debit card.
- Annual transactions processed across the group exceed 550 million.
- Bill payment transactions in Romania pass 5.5 million, with 22 bill payment clients.
- PayByPhone appointed to handle contactless mobile phone payments for public transport in Nice, Europe's first integrated ticketing, traveller information and entertainment solution.
- PayPoint makes first 'CashOut' transactions when it facilitates cash credits, rebates and payments from several energy companies to their customers.
- PayPoint.net launches FraudGuard 4, the latest version e-commerce risk management platform, to help on line businesses manage exposure to global fraud risks.
- British Gas appoints PayPoint its sole convenience store-based cash payment network.
- PayCash launched, enabling customers buying online to pay cash at any PayPoint store.
- Collect+ parcel collection and delivery service launched in a joint venture with Home Delivery Network.
- Bill payment transactions in Romania pass three million, with 15 new bill pay clients.
- Severn Trent becomes the first utility to extend cash payments at PayPoint stores to online payments through PayPoint.net.
- PayPoint signs the first direct distribution agreement for SIMs with the major mobile networks and MVNOs.
- Annual transactions processed across the group exceed 500 million.
- Over 22,000 terminals live in UK and Ireland, collecting payments for more than 1,000 different schemes.
- Key Milestones achieved in Transport sector with one million System One bus tickets and more than three million Arriva tickets sold through PayPoint since 2006.
- Bill Payment Service launched in Romania.
- Customer satisfaction with PayPoint reaches an all-time high of 98%, with 81% stating they were very satisifed with the PayPoint service. (ipsos MORI research 2007).
- PayPoint plc completes the acquisition of Pay Store SRL, a leading independent Romanian mobile pre-pay distribution company.
- PayPoint plc acquires a second internet payment service provider SECpay Limited.
- In recognition of the important place that local retailers have in their community, PayPoint launches a search for the UKs favourite corner shop with the Corner Shop of the Year Award.
- PayPoint completes the acquisition of Metacharge Ltd, an independent internet payment service provider.
- PayPoint is awarded a six-year contract by the BBC as sole provider for the collection of over-the-counter TV Licensing payments.
- With the addition of Manchester System One Travel, Blackpool Coastlines and First York, PayPoint now has signed contracts with eight major transport operators across the UK.
- PayPoint wins prestigious New Company of the Year Award in the PLC Awards.
- Over 14,000 dedicated PayPoint terminal sites are now live, collecting payments on behalf of more than 500 clients.
- Following the purchase of 54.4% of PayPoint's shares by leading institutional investors, PayPoint debut on the London Stock Exchange at 192 pence per share.
- Over 800 PayPoint ATMs installed in convenience retail and licensed trade outlets across the UK.
- Over 11,000 outlets with dedicated PayPoint terminals live, processing on average four million customer transactions every week.
- PayPoint is the only electronic payment network provider to achieve BS7799 Certification for information security management.
- PayPoint launches ATM product with competitive terms for PayPoint and other retailers.
- PayPoint one of only 52 UK companies to win prestigious Queen’s Award for Enterprise in the ‘Innovation’ category.
- PayPoint enters European marketplace with Electricity Supply Board of Ireland (ESB) signing up with PayPoint.
- Work begins to plan and roll out new network of agents in Republic of Ireland to collect ESB and other payments.
- PayPoint mounts first TV advertising campaign on ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5 and GMTV in Scotland.
- Working with Girobank, Streamline and Barclays, PayPoint launches new ‘all in one terminal’ deal with preferential rates for PayPoint agents wishing to process debit and credit card payments through their PayPoint terminals.
- Scottish Power, Manweb and Orange join portfolio of over 100 clients.
- 1,000 additional PayPoint terminals installed bringing network count to 8,400.
- T & S Stores becomes first retailer to use PayPoint software to vend mobile phone top-ups through its own EPOS till systems.
- PayPoint named in Vision 100 index, alongside First Direct, cahoot, Egg and Direct Line, in recognition of its reputation as visionary organisation
- Trouble-free start to the new millennium.
- Vodafone first mobile phone network to launch top-up service with PayPoint.
- One million customers using PayPoint each week.
- £1 billion worth of bill payments collected Jan – Dec 2000.
- Initial network roll-out completed with 7,400 PayPoint retailers live in the UK.
- 98% of UK households now within five miles of a PayPoint outlet.
- British Gas pre-payment meter customers able to charge their Quantum smart cards at PayPoint.
- 4,000 PayPoint outlets now in operation.
- PayPoint launched to the media, consumer groups and utility industry regulators in September.
- Within eight weeks, over 1,000 terminals in operation in Northern Ireland, London and the NorthEast, serving over 1 million consumers.
- PayPoint brand created. First outlets in Northern Ireland begin accepting utility payments from November.